MCYSA closely follows the procedures and policies as outlined in the current KYSA rules and regulations and those of the Alliance.
Registration for the Spring 2015 season is open. Save $5 per player registration by registering by 1 March. Registration closes on 18 March. Late registration ends 25 March.
How to Register
Walk-in registration sessions are usually offered immediately prior to the registration deadline. These sessions are usually published, along with the registration information for that season, on the MCYSA website homepage. Registration forms are located on the website and may be printed and mailed in along with a check or money order as payment, and proof of age (if a new player). Envelopes must be postmarked by the registration deadline or the player will be considered late. The MCYSA offers an online registration as well. You can also register online!
Players are placed in age groups according to their birth date IAW the US Youth Soccer age groups. See the current USSYS/KYSA Seasonal Birth Years - Recreational Chart to determine your child's age division.
Players may request to play up one age division from their age appropriate division with a special request and approval from the Board.
Proof of Age
All players must submit proof of age when registering with MCYSA for the first time. Proof of age can consist of any of the following:
- A birth certificate,
- A valid driver’s license,
- A Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (DD Form 1173) issued by the Uniformed Services of the United States, or birth registration issued by an appropriate government agency, board of health records, Passport,
- Alien registration card issued by the United States government (i.e. I 94),
- A certificate issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service attesting to age or a certificate of an American citizen born abroad issued by the appropriate government agency,
- Hospital, baptismal or religious certificates will not be accepted.
A copy of the document must be left with the registrar. This can be done at registration, mailed in, or sent as an attachment to an email message sent to email@example.com.
Registering to Play After Late Registration is Closed
Players registering after the registration deadline are placed in a Player Pool. Players must complete the entire registration process of filling out a registration form, submitting proof of age, and paying the registration fee by check. The check will not be processed until the player is placed on a team.
Player Pool players are placed on a first come, first served basis per age division. Players may stay in the Player Pool until roughly two weeks after the season start date. In the event a player cannot be placed in that season, all documents on the player will be shredded and the player notified.
Registration Fees (for one season)
U4 - $40*
U6/U8 - $50*
U10/U12/U14/U16 - $60*
* Other costs include uniforms and soccer equipment (see below).
Players needing financial assistance with the registration fee should write or email the MCYSA Vice President. Approved individuals are asked to volunteer in exchange for the scholarship if possible.
The uniforms are determined and ordered by each team individually. Uniforms start at about $20 and work up in price according to the team's or coach's choice.
Each player needs the following for every game and practice:
- Shin guards
- Soccer cleats
- Soccer ball: size 3 for U4-U8; size 4 for U10-U12; size 5 for U14-U16
- Water bottle
Players are assigned to teams based on a blind draw method using the player's registration form. Players are not needed at the actual draw.
Special Requests allowed with Board approval include:
- requesting to playing up one age division;
- requesting to play with sibling or first cousin in the same age category;
- requesting to be placed back into the draw for placement on a different team than the immediate previous season's team
Special Requests should be made at the time of registration.
MCYSA Refund Policy
Registration Refund Requests
Refunds will be given on registration fees provided the request is received in writing (via mail or email) before the player is placed on a team. Refunds will be for the registration fee paid for the player minus a $15 administrative fee. Family discounts received may further reduce the amount refunded. Registration feeds cannot be deferred to another season.
Full refunds will be issued in the case where a team is not formed because of a lack of players.